Thursday, December 07, 2006

I want to go to the ball

Being is a far away country is great. We are missing all the Christmas hype, busy shopping centres and cold weather. However along with this we miss all the Christmas parties and festivities. I know, I know you cannnot have it both ways. Tonight is the surgical Christmas ball. My two best mates from work are organising the ball so I have been hearing all about it. The ball is being held in one of the Oxford colleges and will be a fantastic occasion I am sure. It is the first time we have had a ball since I worked there and I am gutted to be missing it.

All I need is a fairy godmother to turn a paw paw in to a plane, and my African print material in to a beautiful gown. Then I could fly over for the ball and return tomorrow. It is at times like this I really miss my friends and home. Oh well maybe next year.

No comments: