Friday, November 24, 2006

Book Review: To kill a Mockingbird

To kill a mockingbird is the first book I have read that I purchased from Books and Things our fantastic local bookshop. I have never read it before, I guess most read it at school but we did not study it. I really enjoyed reading it and found it really absorbing. Set in America however many years ago so much of what they talk about reminds me of here. The simple way of life, the farming and the description of the black church. Of course there is not the problem of racism here that is described in the book but the day to day life is similar.

Narrated by a young girl explaining her family life and her relationship with her older brother as they grew up. She talks about all the things going on around her and gives a great insight to her thoughts.

No comments: