Monday, February 23, 2009

Brighton Half Marathon


These days I have no time for blogging, my whole life is consumed by Marathon training. Yesterday we did the Brighton Half Marathon as part of our training. 13.1 miles along the Brighton sea front to Hove then the Marina and back to central Brighton. It was actually quite an enjoyable experiance and good dressed rehearsal for the Marathon.

The first few miles went in pretty quickly did not really feel it until mile 7 or 8 when it started getting harder. Then just near about mile 11 we had some evil hills near the Marina, the worst thing being the finish line was in-sight as we ran towards it then did a U-turn and ran in the opposite direction for while before turning back for the final straight. My aim was to do it in 2:20 so when my official time was texted to me while we were having lunch (very organised I must say!) I was really chuffed with 2h:20m:35s. Joe and I ran the whole way together and it was great support for both of us. It was never about time, just about crossing the finish line and I am glad we took it steady and finished in one piece.
So now we just continue training for the Paris Marathon, which we are doing in aid of the British Heart Foundation, any donations will be greatly received.

No comments: