Wednesday, February 13, 2008

End of an Era

Neighbours has finished on the BBC. The mighty Australian soap opera.

I have to admit I love neighbours. I know, I know its a sad addiction but it is true. I have been watching it for as long as I remember. Tea was at 5:30 after school so I would gulp down my food in the hope I would catch the last 10 minutes as this was enough to understand the story line! Now I have a cup of tea with Neighbours before cooking dinner as a relaxing end to a busy day.

I will of course follow Neighbours to channel 5 but it is a great loss to the BBC.

We look back and remember Kylie and Jason and the wedding of Scott and Charlene. When Daphne died uttering the words 'I love you Clarkie'. Harold missing presumed dead then returning. Oh the fantastic story lines they have had.

I know the show is pretty rubbish, who am I kidding very rubbish, it is just so addictive and a great way to enjoy a cup of tea.

Everybody needs good Neighbours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad for you that it is ending. I remember how you loved it when you were a little girl. In fact, you were the one who introduced me to Kylie and I bought her tape that had "The Locomotion" on it.