Friday, June 29, 2007

Nun's on the run

Last weekend I went on a hen night to Spain - i know this sounds very glamorous after spending a year in Cameroon and being skint but my friends and Joe offered to pay my flight and we stayed in the hens Grandma's apartment so I could not say no!

It was a complete reversal to the life I had become used to, out every night with so many drinks to choose from I got quite lost in it all!!

We had great fun spending each day on the beach, now I really look like I have been in Africa for a year. the big night out was in Benidorm which i was dreading. It is really not my scene and I am far to old for this sort of thing. We arrived and I really did not want to get out of the car it was terrifying. We were dressed as nuns which attracted lots of unwanted attention but we all took it on the chin and soon put the men in their place. We actually had a great time. Tessa and I were completely lost trying to dance as she too has been out the country. I just went for the good old Cameroonian shrug of the shoulders - goes great with dance music. Louise was a star fulfilling all her dares and we got home at 8:30am.

The rest of the week was a little quieter staying in Calpe few drinks and a bit of karaoke. A great time was had by all and a special well done to Frankie and Tessa the two non-nurses, especially as I was being filling in on so much nursey talk all the time! (photos to follow)

No comments: